This is kind of old, about a week now, but I just now saw it and thought I’d post it up. It’s from The Late Show with David Letterman. Here are his “Top 10 Yankee Excuses” (for not getting to the World Series):
* Wanted Columbus Day off to get to all the sales.
* Thought series was best 6 out of 11.
* We’ve already missed the first three episodes of “Grey’s Anatomy” — enough is enough.
* Thought Joe Torre told us to give 10 percent.
* Players distracted by erotic text messages from Mark Foley.
* Shouldn’t have switched to the cheaper generic steroids.
* Clubhouse caterer replaced E. coli-tainted spinach with E. coli-tainted lettuce.
* Uh, global warming?
* More focused on how they’re going to get by on a lousy $16 million a year.
* What’s the point? North Korea’s gonna nuke us at any moment.
In St. Louie. That’s right. We have 6 tickets to a Cardinals game in the new stadium. What’s even better is it’s in an indoor/outdoor suite with all the food, soda, and beer, yes beer, you could possibly want. The cost? Well, let’s not think of it in terms of money, but instead, in terms of memories. Now that my friends, is priceless. I’m excited.
Congrats go to one of the best players in the game, Albert Pujols. Today it was announced he won the National League Most Valuable Player Award.
In finally winning the National League’s Most Valuable Player Award, it may appear that Albert Pujols has reached the pinnacle. After a Rookie of the Year trophy, numerous other citations and a slew of close-but-not-quite MVP candidacies, finally he has been recognized as the man in the Senior Circuit. Read More from MLB.
Congrats goes to Cardinals Ace Chris Carpenter. It was announced today that Carpenter won the NL Cy Young Award. He is the first Cardinal to do so since Bob Gibson. Carpenter had a great season with a 21-5 record. He was the first Cardinal to win 20 games since Matt Morris in 2001. With 213 strikeouts, he was the first Cardinal since Jose DeLeon in 1989 to strike out more than 200 batters. Read the story from StL Today.